We’ve had a quite a few exciting announcements roll out lately, but this one is especially important. Today we’ve unveiled the beta program for a new product built directly into the CloudPassage Halo platform: Project Cielo!
Project Cielo expands our CloudPassage Halo platform so it now provides cloud-delivered compute, storage, and other infrastructure services, powerfully protecting application components from anywhere, in any delivery model, at speed and scale. This is included in the Halo platform along with Container Secure and Server Secure, making Halo the only solution that can secure servers, cloud instances, containers and artifact registries using a single platform, regardless of asset location.
Functional capabilities of Project Cielo include:
- Continuously monitoring AWS services for adherence to CIS AWS Foundations Benchmark, AWS best practices, and internal configuration standards
- IAM user MFA, S3 bucket limited exposures, and more.
- Enhanced compliance reporting capabilities with detailed results that support all benchmark rules
- Gathering a ”worldview” of contextual intelligence about monitored assets to better inform technical risk analysis
- Identifying applications which are at risk, hierarchically organizing the most urgent situations, IAM role misconfigurations, exploitations, applications and data that could be affected, EC2 instances without Halo agent, etc.
- Automating remediation requests to responsible application team via SNS