We’re a proud sponsor of the Cyberthreat Defense Report, a report that we think should be read by every CISO, CIO, and their teams. What makes this report so special is that it’s vendor agnostic, and it examines exactly how organizations perceive cyberthreats, and how they leverage third party products to overcome them.
This year’s survey compiled responses from 1,200 security decision makers and professionals, all from organizations with more than 500 employees.
The top five key findings from this survey include:
- For the first time in five years the percentage of organizations affected by a successful cyberattack has decreased – from 79.2% to 77.2%.
- Ransomware is still a prevalent problem with 55% of organizations having been victimized by ransomware in 2017.
- Containers have tied with mobile devices as the most difficult IT components to secure, with DevOps remaining as the most challenging IT security function for the second straight year.
- More than 9 in 10 security professionals acknowledge cloud security challenges. Maintaining data privacy, access, and monitoring for threats have been cited as the most challenging.
- A “lack of skilled personnel” is now the number one greatest inhibitor to the IT security industry, moving up from second place in 2017.
To learn more about all the findings and statistics in the Cyberthreat Defense Report, read about it on our website!