We have two exciting announcements to unveil at CloudPassage. Last month we announced the new-generation security analytics engine and this month we’re announcing something even more exciting: Project Azul as well as some additional Halo platform updates.
Project Azul is our single-platform container security solution with an extensive set of automated compliance and security controls to monitor and secure Docker containers.
CloudPassage Halo set the standard for cloud workload protection platforms, automating the security of virtual machines (VMs) and hosts across private cloud, public cloud, and data center environments for the Fortune 500. As part of Project Azul, CloudPassage will provide the same efficient, automated security for VMs, hosts, and containers, delivering enterprises security and visibility from a single platform and agent.
Container adoption at the enterprise level has skyrocketed in recent years due to their ability to provide faster application development and deployment. In the 2017 edition of the Portworx Annual Container Adoption survey, 32% of responding companies spent $500,000 or more per year on license and usage fees for container technologies, up from a reported 5% in 2016.
Unlike other container security products, Project Azul will secure all elements of the container environment: container images, running containers, and the container engine / host.
Currently in beta testing, Project Azul will be widely available in winter 2017. If you would like to participate in the beta please click here.
We’ve also made the following updates to the Halo platform, which are currently in production:
- Halo support across Windows 2016
- Leverage industry leading software vulnerability detection
- Assess compliance with the CIS Benchmark
- Obtain inventories of software, processes and user accounts
- Detect unintended filesystem and registry changes as well as unauthorized user behavior
- Take advantage of a one time password authentication factor using any mobile authentication app that supports time-based one time passwords (TOTP), including Duo Security, Google Authenticator, Authy, and others
- View the overall state of CVE assessment, top CVEs to address, top vulnerable servers, and more
- Schedule reports to run at a specific time and on a recurring basis
- Demonstrate to auditors that they have a disciplined security program
For more details on CloudPassage and Halo, please go to www.cloudpassage.com.